Preparation of Planning Applications
We prepare planning documents required for submission of planning applications to Councils for different types of applications, including the following: dual occupancies, multi-unit developments and apartments, aged care facilities, medical centres, service stations, major advertising signs, place of assembly / worship, liquor licence, car parking reduction to facilitate different types of uses, vegetation removal, and subdivision.
We also represent clients during the planning process, which may involve the following:
- Preparation of planning applications and lodgement on behalf of clients;
- Liaison with council officers;
- Conducting the statutory advertising;
- Consultation with objectors/residents;
- Advice regarding plan changes if necessary; and
- Representation of clients at Council meetings.
Planning Feasibility Assessment
Diamatrix Planning can provide you with a Planning Feasibility Report, which will identify all planning issues that may be applicable to a property. The report will cover all relevant planning issues relating to the property and may include a development potential assessment of the site. Property purchase or development can be costly especially if the correct advice is not sought relating to the objective for the purchase.
Pre-Project & Development Concept Guidance
Diamatrix Planning provides development concept advice including:
- Pre-purchase advice to identify relevant planning controls and development potential of land;
- Preliminary advice in the design stage of a development proposal; and
- Attendance and representation at pre-application meetings with Council to identify potential areas of concern to be addressed prior to submitting a planning application.
Representation at VCAT
Diamatrix Planning has extensive experience in lodging applications on behalf of clients at the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and providing expert representation to both applicants and/or affected stakeholders. The success rate of Diamatrix Planning at VCAT is high.
Based on our principle of absolute honesty to clients, Diamatrix Planning will tell you the probability of a successful outcome after the initial assessment of the matter and will recommend ways by which the probability of a successful outcome can be increased. Diamatrix Planning will never be afraid to express our professional opinion because we want to take your instruction.
Diamatrix Planning provides VCAT application and Planning Panels services in the following areas:
- Advocacy and expert evidence at VCAT, including at Directions Hearings and full hearings;
- Advocacy and expert evidence at Planning Panels Victoria;
- VCAT planning mediations; and
- Negotiation and conflict resolution relating to land use planning and other property related issues.
Submission of Objections
Diamatrix Planning can prepare submissions of objection to proposed use and development of land on behalf of affected stakeholders. Expert representation can take away emotions from planning objections and focus mainly on the planning merits and concerns. This can assist in the discussion of planning matters, including the justification for or against a use/development based on professional opinion.
Consultation to Councils
Diamatrix Planning offers extensive experience in undertaking Council’s overload jobs relating to the assessment of planning applications on behalf of Council officers and in the preparation of planning reports.
General Town Planning Advice
Diamatrix Planning provides general planning advice on current planning legislation in Victoria relating to use and development of land, including the following:
- Assisting clients to navigate the Victorian planning system;
- Assisting with enforcement issues, relating to when possible breaches of the Planning Scheme have occurred.
Diamatrix Planning has extensive experience in mediation and negotiation with planning authorities, councils, objectors, and local communities. We often provide advice to those in the planning application process (planning applicants and objectors) regarding the suitability of a proposed design or land use.